Who we are
The Ponsonby Therapy Centre is a group of independent therapists practicing in Ponsonby, Auckland. We are listed on the front page our website www.ponsonbytherapy.co.nz
Our principles regarding privacy
We respect your privacy, and won’t do anything with your personal information that we wouldn’t be happy being done with ours.
We collect no personal information via our website, other than the contents of any email you might send to one of us.
We will not:
- Share your data with third parties not described in this document
- Sell, rent, or lease your data
- Use your data for political purposes or analysis
- Perform algorithm-based analytics on your data
- Track your activity across the world wide web
Overall, we have made efforts to collect as little personal information as possible.
What data we collect
We do not knowingly collect or log your IP address, device details, or other information that you have not explicitly shared. It is the nature of computers to maintain logs e.g. access and error logs. We have tried to minimise any logging, however some personal information such as your IP address, and the date and time you visited the website may be recorded. However, we do not record who you are, or read data from your device, so you can be assured this information is as unidentifiable as possible.
How we use your data
We do not collect any personal data via this website intentionally, and therefore do not use it.
How long we retain your data
We do not collect any personal data via this website intentionally, and therefore make no assurances that any data would be retained for any length of time.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to:
- Access your personal data
- Correct errors in your personal data
- Request the erasure, anonymisation, or pseudoanonymisation of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Receive an export of your personal data
Our ability to comply with these rights may be limited by:
- Legal requirements to maintain records
- Storage of personal information within backups that are not directly modifiable
- Our ability to identify personal data as being related to you
We will always do everything within our ability to uphold your rights and requests regarding your personal data.
How we protect your data
Information passed between our website and your device is encrypted. Data is stored on secure servers run by OVH. Only our website administrator is authorised to view, modify, or delete personal data held on the website.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the event of a data breach, we will post a notice on our website within 72 hours of us becoming aware of it. We do not record contact details, so cannot contact you directly. We will take necessary steps to prevent further breaches.
Sharing of your data
We will not share your personal information with anyone other than our core data processors required for operating our website. These data processors are:
- OVH – our hosting provider
- CloudFlare – our security and website optimisation provider
- UpdraftPlus – our backup provider
- ManageWP – used to run security checks, run updates, and perform backups
- Various email providers, if you send one of us an email
We trust these data processors with your personal information and while we take responsibility for data use, we actually have no control over what these third parties do.
We will generally resist the sharing of your personal information with law enforcement, but only while operating within the law. In other words, we will share your personal information with appropriate parties if compelled by law.
We use a single cookie necessary to maintain a secure connection between our website and your device.
All optional cookies including analytics and visitor tracking have been disabled.
We do not believe that we need to annoy you with a cookie banner, per the exemptions listed within the EU cookie legislation.
If you have any questions about this policy, have suggestions for policy changes, or would like to exercise your rights over your personal information, please contact one of us.