MA (Hons), Post Grad Dip Counselling (Waikato Univ), Post Grad Dip Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (AUT)
Diane is a full member of both NZAP and NZAC, as well as being an ACC Registered Counsellor.
She was a founding member of the Ponsonby Therapy Centre and has been practising as a qualified counsellor since 1992. Since then she has worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist in a variety of contexts, and with a wide range of clients.
Diane draws on a number of approaches and uses these in an integrative, tailored way, according to what seems most appropriate for each client at a particular time.
She has a solid foundation in the theory and practice of contemporary Trauma therapy and in psychotherapy from the perspectives of Intersubjective Self psychology and the emerging Relational Psychoanalytic School.
Diane has particular expertise in the following areas:
- traumatic experiences and associated effects (such as PTSD)
- sexual abuse trauma
- physical/emotional abuse
- marital and relationship difficulties
- sexuality and sexual identity issues (including transgender)
- workplace issues/difficulties
- couples therapy (from a Family Systems perspective)
- Diane also supervises practising and training counsellors, and she is often called upon to teach in the fields of counselling and trauma.
Phone: 021 500 104
Email: [email protected]